Wednesday, August 22, 2012

MY SISTER WOULD BE SO DISAPPOINTED

I'm sure she saw the blog title and thought, "Me?? What on earth could I be disappointed about?" Well, I made cinnamon rolls.  I have a few rules for cinnamon rolls, unspoken of course.

1. Homemade preferred.  None of that came in a roll and have a plastic bag of frosting stuff. (Not to say I would ever really turn down a cinnamon roll but....)
2. Cream cheese frosting.  This is coming from a girl who is buttercream all the way.  When I made graduation cupcakes for the aforementioned sister, she requested cream cheese frosting on them.  I rebelled slightly and still made buttercream, with only a few with cream cheese frosting. (!) Anyway, I have a few places where cream cheese frosting is appropriate.  Carrot cake, cinnamon rolls, and...that's all I can think of.


Well, I failed on the cream cheese.  We didn't have any, which is fine, no big deal.  Buttercream is an amazing frosting that I love and did in fact use on the cinnamon rolls.  However, I have that little feeling that she would be slightly disappointed that that love affair of her's was not carried through today.  Sorry sis. :) I rather like buttercream.

No comments:

Post a Comment