Wednesday, August 29, 2012

ON BEING HAPPY

School started last week, and so I have been doing a lot of thinking.  Thinking about what you may ask?  Well, for starters it goes something like this: (transmission of Elise's brain waves now...) Ok, so I need to write that down, how do you balance equations again? I need to eat nutrient dense food, what on earth am I going to wear, where on earth are they, what is going on with my tire, when is that quiz again, I have to read how many pages tonight???? Thanks so much for doing that, I have no idea what I'm doing, I need to run,  I want to run, oh my it is hot in this classroom, smile and wave....

Yeah, that's about it.  (Also why I haven't exactly been posting on this blog that often...) Anyway, I also have been thinking about being happy.  I had the opportunity last year to be in the 'popular group'. (I use that term extremely loosely keep in mind.)  I had friends that were bound to be like that, it was practically in their DNA.  I had a chance. With certain events and stuff I am done moping about, I wasn't really friends with them.  But, this year I watch them.  I watch to see how they did in fact succeed in the popular area of life.  They are the ones that people look to.  The ones that everyone knows about.  The ones that everyone in high school at one point or another thought about being, and wanted to be like.  And I look at myself....

And how I couldn't be happier.

When I think of my life, how I interact at school, who I hang out with, who I am actually, I am content.  I am happy.  I am completely (well, most of the time...but that's just part of being a teenage girl) and utterly ok.  I am ok.  I would much rather be on my track of life, my choices, my decisions, than any where else.

I wish you the same.

Sincerely,


Elise Irene Clark

1 comment: