Friday, September 28, 2012

CONGLOMERATE

When I was younger, my catch phrase was "Is this a National Park?"  No, I wasn't counting up all of the National Parks my family had been to.  Instead, I was seeing if there were any cool rocks I could legally take without endangering the National Park's fragile ecosystem.  Why our nation has deemed some ecosystems worth saving and others not is beyond me.  (Read: discrimination against the ugly ecosystems! :) I loved rocks.  I had a collection in our old minivan in the nifty little compartment in the back.  And in my closet.  And I guess I still do...in my bedroom on my dresser.  Yeah, still working on that growing up thing. :) Anyway, I was always proud of my memory and (limited) knowledge of rocks.  One tidbit of knowledge that I always remembered was conglomerate. It means a rock made up of different types of rocks all mushed together.  So...to get to my main point of this post, this post is a conglomerate of mini posts of this week!!! Yay!

First, no worries, the Founding Fathers and I are tight.  Tight enough that I give them nicknames.

Alex Hamil (Alexander Hamilton.)
G.W. (George Washington.)
James Mad (James Madison.)
Tom Jeff (Thomas Jefferson.)
And my personal favorite...
BEN FRANK! (Benjamin Franklin.)

I have taken an absurd amount of notes with these guys in them.  To save my poor little hand, I gave them nicknames.  Anybody else notice how extraordinarily long all of their names are??? And how if you shorten Thomas Jefferson and Benjamin Franklin's names they become two first names??  Yes, I am taken A.P. History...and posting about it.  Yes, I already know I am a slight nerd.  :) However, someone once told me I was too fashion forward to be a nerd...it made my day. :)

Second, I'm pretty sure someone came up with Homecoming week just to give people an excuse to violate the dress code.  :) Don't worry, I will post a picture of my dress. :) (Can't wait to wear it!!)  The fact we have a dress code is ridiculous since a. no one follows it, and b. no one enforces it.  My opinion, (since I'm a good girl and never have any problems with the dress code.:) if we are going to have a rule, have a rule.  Not a "rule." Make sense??

Third, I can honestly say I am now a model.  :)  A few months ago, the hospital my dad works for  wanted to start an exercise program and wanted to do some promotions.  Since I am a perfect example of perfect nutrition and a rigid exercise program that never slacks off on anything nutritious like, they knew I was a candidate to model for their promotion.  :D  Haha, ummmm not quite.  I basically got to do it because my dad has some sweet connections.  Anyway, it turns out they will be using one of my pictures for the display!  Maybe this means I should be a a perfect example of perfect nutrition and a rigid exercise program that never slacks off on anything nutritious like.  I thought that was pretty cool....

This is the one they ended up using, but I like these other ones to. :) 









Have an amazing weekend!!  My team better win tonight at the Homecoming Game. :)

lots of love,
E


No comments:

Post a Comment