Wednesday, January 2, 2013

:)

I'm feeling optimistic right about now.  Life is just so good!  And this is coming from the girl who has to go to school tomorrow.  Still, I am feeling incredibly grateful for all I have.  I'm listening to beautiful music, I have a lunch date with my sister in half an hour, I just ran eight intervals and am feeling great, I  have new clothes to wear, I just finished a good book, and I read another book that talks about where you want to be in five years.

Confession:  I kind of like self-help books.  I always feel so good after I read them.  I also like it because it's something my mom and I share, and I love the chance I get to talk about the books we've read while my dad and my sister roll their eyes.  Well, this book about where I want to be in 5 years made me think.  It actually made me do more than think.  It made every atom in body excited to go out and do.

Sometimes I think that we talk and look and observe and wait.  That can be good, but as my dad can attest with my current running motivations, sometimes you have to JUST DO IT.  Just freaking do it.  Get out of your own head and get over yourself.   You can do it.

I was thinking about where I will be in 5 years.  I will be 22 years old.  In some ways, that age will be easier for me.  I will have probably have figured out what I want to do with my life and career.  I will be done, or almost done, with college.  I will be done with high school, that is definitely a plus and a minus.

I think it's good that I want to make these next five years count because it's at a different type of year.  I'm 17, an odd, prime, and weird number for me.  In 5 years I will be 22 not 21.  La de dah, you get the point.

Well, let's do it.  Let's stuff these next 5 years with things that are DONE.

No comments:

Post a Comment