Sunday, March 10, 2013

Pride and People.

Just a short little clip about a few things.

First, people are nice.  So often in this world, people are crass, rude, mean, insensitive, ignorant, selfish, stingy, greedy, ungenerous, offensive, foul, vulgar, etc.  And it seems kind of awful to drift from human interaction to human interaction, only interacting with those type of people. But this weekend, I know that people are nice.  I know that people will be nicer than you expect.  They care more for you than you think.  And they respect you more than you could guess.

Second, I have never been more proud of my debate team than yesterday, when we lost.  Yeah, we lost State.  First time in 10 years.  Yet, my teammates were polite.  We were the only ones consistently clapping.  We were the only ones that stood and cheered for the winning team.  We were the only ones that were nice.  And I am so proud to say that I belong to that team.  Even though some alumni may be sad that we lost, I can personally attest that the behavior we showed was exemplary.  We represented everything our debate team stood for.

So there you have it.  Pride and People.

xo. Elise 

No comments:

Post a Comment