Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Dust

Always at the beginning of summer when I think about summer, I think about green.  I think about dew on the grass and I think about green plants everywhere.

When I get to the end of the summer I think of a sun that's a little too hot and dust.  Dust in the streets.  Dust in my soul.  Dust on my backpack. (That's a good thing?)  Dust.

And tomorrow, the dust will clear.  On the flip side, my swimsuit will get dusty.  My vacation soul will begin to have chronic wanderlust.  And my brain will start fizzing like Rice Crispies or Pop Rocks, take your pick.

But, for the summary of my summer.  Or summer-y.  hehe.

Girl's Camp and the importance of being a leader.  Europe--how I found myself a little bit.  How I opened myself up a little bit.  And how I lived a little bit.  The food.  The fashion.  The people.  A.P. Tests--YES! EFY--growing closer to my Savior and my cousin, sans boys.  Or crushes on boys.  Sigh.  Week of nada, but mostly stress about debate camp.  Debate camp.  Hard hard hard.  Hard.  I learned a lot and feel happy with what I completed there.  3rd place baby!  I got my sea legs back.  Week of being sick, but really the week of epiphanies...how stressed and cross I really was last year.  A week with my sister.  That was the best.  Seriously, I would get little spurts of happiness that she was home. And throughout it all, missing my parents since I was gone 7/9 weeks in a row.

And there you have it.  Elise is ready to rock and roll her senior year.  Ok, that is crazy.  But in all seriousness, I feel like this summer has prepared me.  I have learned a mind-blowing amount of stuff about me.  About Elise.  Which is pretty great isn't it?

Good luck tomorrow with your new clothes, syllabuses, and new stress.  Wahoo.

xoxo. Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment