Thursday, March 13, 2014

This is it.

I remember driving home last year, nearly a year from now, and I remember thinking "this is the last time I will drive home as the current State Champion."

I drove that same route today.  It's really beautiful that I can now say "this is the last time I will drive home with a losing record at State."

I don't know how it's going to turn out tomorrow.  I don't know who is going to win.  I don't know, maybe tomorrow night I will be really upset and stressed because I'm losing.  Or I could be ecstatic because I'm doing well.  Or I could be content because I am happy.  (I'm rooting for Options 2&3...I would be ok with just 3).

Do you know how cool it is that I'm going tomorrow?  I'm going for my third state tournament. I am going to my last debate tournament.  I am dreading this moment, and I am also so excited for this moment.  I can't wait to go and make more memories with my team.  I can't wait to enjoy my last debate tournament.

This beautiful phase in my life is ending.  A phase I didn't even know would be part of my life.  But it's over.  And I can't wait to go out and rock it one last time. 

xo. Elise

(I would read this post while listening to "Now or Never" from High School Musical 3. But that's just me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment