Friday, May 16, 2014

So it's been a while.

Hi there.  I guess it's been some time since I've written on here.  But hey, I've been to D.C., taken three A.P. tests, and have a rough draft for my graduation speech written.  That's exciting right?

I'm almost done folks.  I have only have thirteen days until I graduate.

I'm feeling calm these days.  Perspective seems to be pouring in as I take a step back and examine myself closely.  I'm looking at my innards and I'm examining this heart of mine that is determined to be different.  I'm thankful for all of those people that have contributed insight.  Ha, if only they knew what they were doing for me.

It's a rare privilege to be thirteen days away from graduation.  I'm lucky to be where I am right now.  Some people never have this brilliant chance to look at the world when it's completely covered in sunshine.  This is a once in a lifetime chance to be invincible for thirteen more days.  Because after that, my senior class is demoted to freshmen and we have to relearn everything all over again.

My senior years has been absolutely perfect and I am happy to say that I don't regret anything.  I'm happy.  That's important.

But I took my last A.P. test today.  We the People is done.  Debate is over.  Volleyball finished a long time ago.  Track ended peacefully.  I'm slowly saying goodbye to one piece of my identity after another.  Eras are ending every day for me and people keep just saying congratulations.

Congrats to you as well.

xo. Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment