Friday, October 24, 2014

Happy Two-Month Anniversary

I came to the pleasant realization today that I have been here for two months now.  Two months yesterday.  And in honor of my two month anniversary, I had a bag of sour Warhead cubes, without even planning it.  (Happy birthday Anne!)

I also came to the happy realization...ok more like lightning bolt...that if I want today to be good, I really have to make it good.

So today is going to be the best day ever.

Also, I'm incredibly excited to go grocery shopping by myself today.  I love grocery shopping.

Lastly, I was talking with my roommate yesterday, and I realized that I miss my old life because it was easy.  This life I'm living now?  It's hard.  I am not weird to look back at the good ole' high school days and miss them because it's not the environment of high school that I'm really missing (have you been in a high school lately?), it's the easiness of the life I miss.  A life with a good dishwasher, someone else planned my meals, and when teachers told me exactly when to take the test.  That was my life, and it was a really good life.

My life now is my life and it is a really good life.  Just hard.

And that's ok.

xo. Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment