Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Is this what it's like?

I remember walking down the hallways of my high school, teetering on a low pair of high heels in preparation for my first debate tournament.  I remember naively texting my sister, who was a college freshman at the time, "Is this what it's like to be in college?"

Yes,  I cringe in embarrassment sharing that, but I was thinking about that moment today.  I was walking past Rigby and Sadler's room, wearing that free Anthropology dress I got, and a turquoise cardigan.  And my black high heels.  I remember feeling so old and mature, hearing the staccato beat of my steps.  

I was pondering that scenario tonight.  Is college really like walking down a high school hallway, teetering on a low pair of high heels in preparation for a debate tournament? 

I am hear to answer.  

Yes, yes it is.  

Sometimes I was walk around campus, and even though I may not be in high heels (heaven help me if I am), it feels the same way.  You feel excited and almost dizzy with the possibilities that stretch before you over the next few years.  

It's freaking exciting to be a college student sometimes.  

xo. Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment