Monday, October 13, 2014

Up on the Rooftops

I'm sitting here on the roof.  A beautiful building on campus has a nice little balcony and I am perched above everything else.  The air smells exactly like it should in the fall.  Cold, crisp, and slightly baked with the sun.  Who cares that you have a philosophy midterm this week when you have this?


I baked cookies yesterday and I was perfectly happy.  I had bright red tights on, still in my Sunday skirt, and an apron.  The pumpkin sugar cookies turned out beautifully and my kitchen smelled like fall.  My roommates and I were all chatting, and we talked about how we finally turned a corner.  We are feeling more like a community now.  I am so happy that I get to experience all of the seasons in turn.  There really is something beautiful about the changing earth, even if the cold makes me really upset, really quickly.

Sometimes life is beautiful and just sitting up on the rooftop makes you feel that much better.

xo. Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment