Thursday, January 1, 2015

Break

My word for this year is break.  

Break: to open suddenly especially because of pressure from inside.

Isn't that a great definition?  To open. 

However, all of these make my heart go patter, they are just that great:  
 interrupt (a continuity, sequence, or course)
• put an end to (a silence) by speaking or making contact.• make a pause in (a journey)• stop proceedings in order to have a pause or vacation• lessen the impact of (a fall)• stop oneself from being subject to (a habit).• put an end to (a tie in a game) by making a score.• make a rush or dash in a particular direction:• surpass (a record)• disconnect or interrupt • curve or drop on its way toward the batter.• rebound unpredictablychange direction on bouncing, due to spin.
Last year, my word was change.  And goodness, that was the best word I could have possibly chosen for myself. Things have changed in so many ways: debate ending, graduating high school, moving out, Anne moving to D.C., my parents moving.  Nothing is really the same.  Sometimes all of the goodbyes I've been saying makes me hallow inside.  One after another after another after...can I stop making friends with pre-mish?  K, thanks. 
I'm ending this year in awe of every blessing.  It's a relief to look past at this year and realize that I was happy.  And I had a beautiful year.  I'm shoving that foreboding joy away and reminding myself that I am blessed to be here right now, in this moment when the plates are spinning in a beautiful pattern.  I'm not going to wait for the crash, but instead going to enjoy the show. 
2015.  It's going to be good.  My goal for the year is to be simply happy.  Freedom is not unattainable.  I don't have to be chained. 
My goals this year aren't as specific as they usually are.  They are a little more open-ended, with a blank spot on my list.  
Good luck with everything.  Take a deep breath.  It's going to be good.  
xo. Elise 

No comments:

Post a Comment