Friday, March 20, 2015

Love

I was used to third wheeling with my parents as high school senior.  I was always grateful for their relationship.  I knew that they loved each other, and that still brings me an incredible amount of peace.

To be honest, I was a little worried about them when I left home.  Would they be ok without me?  Would they be able to manage everything?  (It's not like I did anything except occasionally the dishes...but I was still worried.)

Newsflash, as I adjusted to my foreign bedroom, they did just fine. They successfully moved, got a new job, accomplished millions of hikes, got new callings, applied for tenure, and have somehow fallen more in love.

Really, really in love.

First thing my mom said as my dad walked in today was, "Wow, look how cute that boy is!"  My dad says my mom is cute in whatever she wears, and somehow their chemistry is palpable in the air.

Romance in college is the hot topic.  Who do you like, who likes you, are you dating anyone, why don't you have a boyfriend yet, I bet all the boys are falling all over you.  I listen to songs about love and see things everywhere about how much in love they are.

Sometimes it's overwhelming and a little discouraging when you don't have that.

But then I look at my parents.  And wow, I hope that I can be lucky enough to find someone like that. I hope I can have a relationship that is a smidgeon of theirs.  Because it is something that is amazing.



No comments:

Post a Comment