Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Long

I went to lunch with a friend today and we just talked about all of the change happening and how we don't like it.  College requires a lot more faith than I expected, which I suppose is a really good thing. I always need more faith in my life.

I looked out the window, just now.  And saw the pavilion and basketball court that I've been looking at for the past seven months.  And I'm just a little shocked.  I have been living here forever.  Forever.  I can't even remember not living here or not being familiar with this view.  The semester has blended together and it's shocking to be right here.

I remember in January, when Sam was really stressed and overwhelmed with school.  She told me that part of her just wished it was finals weeks so classes could be done and homework over with.  But she followed it up with how she didn't want that because then it would be over.  Everything would be over.

And now, here we are, in the last full week of the semester and it's shocking.

Because finals week will be happening soon.  And this year will be over.  And I'm going to need my faith more than expected.

xo. Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment