Saturday, May 9, 2015

Pictures of People

Do you ever see pictures of yourself that look exactly what you always pictured yourself to look like at that stage of life?  

I just got back from a quick weekend trip to see my college roommate and friend.  We had a beautiful time laughing, eating, talking, and listening.  We listened to heartbreaks and stories that made me smile.  We went for too many dessert runs.  We went on a hike, surveyed the dismal shopping scene, and played volleyball.  Through it all, it was so easy and fluid being with them.  The first few minutes of chatting were a little awkward, but soon everything smoothed over.  The first thing Alesha said when she walked into Sam's house was, "I saw Elise's car and I was so excited, and then I saw that it was Sam's house, and I was so excited."  

And it was exciting.  

We got even better with the self-timer this time around.  And I love this picture of us.  Because I look like a college student.  I look happy.  And I love that. 

xo. Elise 


No comments:

Post a Comment