Thursday, September 10, 2015

Back At It

It's so different being here for round 2.  First, it's hilarious how many 'sightings' I have on campus.  I saw about five different people I knew on campus today, but they actually weren't people I knew, just look alikes.

I have just had half an hour where I haven't met with anyone and it has been DIVINE.  I feel like I have been just meeting meeting meeting always smiling and asking how people are feeling about their days and life and whether BYU is their dream school and congratulations for making it and do you have an Arts Card yet?

Breathe.

In all seriousness, it has been slightly overwhelming and sometimes it's not very fun.  And then there are other moments where it is kind of fun, which I guess is all I could want from a job.

And school.  Sometimes I forget that I go to school, but I have to say,  I am really digging my schedule this year.  Only one class on Tuesday and Thursday and no class on Friday.  Of course that means that my Monday and Wednesdays are jam packed, but I can handle 2 out of 5, you know?

I'm lucky because I have great roommates and unlucky because I have no friends.  Ha.  But for reals, we are in that awkward we don't know anyone stage, so let's go on awkward polygadates with people we do know?  And yes, that is unfortunately a true story.

And there are moments where campus is as beautiful as I remember and BYU is so BYU that I can't help but love it in the very depth of my bones.  

In summary, I'm handling it.  I wish I was getting more sleep because sleep is a hot commodity these days, but we are going to the Farmer's Market today, and I'm hoping to pick up some absolutely divine apples and a free sample of something delicious.  And possibly an Irish taco.  So I am going to chalk this day up to a WIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment