Saturday, December 19, 2015

Things I've Learned IV

Fall semester of 2015 is officially (well, almost except for that one final that still needs to be submitted) done!  This semester has been enlightening in a lot of ways--some good and some not so good.

And now it's time for some things I've learned:
I've learned how to work and go to school at the same time. I learned how to better communicate. I learned how to write code.  I've learned that some banana bread recipes don't work out, no matter how many times you try to make them.  I've learned Greek yogurt is delicious (wait, I don't think that's news to anyone or to me).  I've learned roommate dates every Thursday to the Farmer's Market is my favorite.  I've learned that it is possible to get tired of tomatillo salsa.  I've learned that accidental roommates can become some of your closest friends.  I've learned a lot about priorities and what is really important.  I've learned that meeting with professors is so so so important.  I've learned that letting go of some things in your life have a time and a season.  I've learned how to listen a lot better.  I've learned a lot about grief and the importance of just nodding.  I've learned how to leave things unsaid.  I've learned to not stress about boys so much--it definitely is not worth the mental space it takes up.  I've learned how fun it is to have Anne forty minutes away.  I've learned that throwing parties are a lot of work, but you always feel happy after you do.  I've learned that being in between is hard and not very fun, but there is always a silver lining.  I've learned how to send email after email.  I've learned how to organize my calendar, no but really.  I've learned how to take deep breaths.  I've learned it's ok, it's ok, it's ok.  I'm learning that that most development programs don't work, and we actually have no idea how to help, but that's ok.  I've learned a lot about my Savior and his life.  I see him in an entirely different light.  I've learned what it's like to be the sole confidant for friends.   I've learned how to go to college without any friends from high school.  I've learned how to have a little bit better perspective.  I've learned that sparkling water is my 'treat.'  I've learned that pumpkin soup isn't bad.  I've learned that there are still some talents I need to work on.  I've learned that not all half-marathons give you an adrenaline rush when you still have six miles to go.  I've learned that running for a cause helps you during the long runs.  I finally figured out the best way to get to the grocery store.  I've learned that passive aggression really irks me, and I've learned that a lot of what we say could actually go unsaid.  I've learned to say hi (so proud of myself for doing that).  I've learned to kind of like football.

Cheers to Winter of 2016.  It's going to be a good one.

xo. Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment