Sunday, February 7, 2016

Heartbreak

My roommate went through some heartbreak this weekend over a boy.  She got the completely unnecessary call and went to Break the Fast right after.  She pulled herself together and we made it home, my roommate and I completely outraged over it.  We went to a Sunday Sundae party later, and she looked beautiful.  We smiled, we talked, we laughed.  We told jokes.

And then we came home and danced to all of our favorite songs in our kitchen to work through some of the heartbreak.

And I wonder how many people do that in their lives.  We all put on a facade that we are so happy.  And my heart hurts for her and for all the other girls that have to play pretend.  My heart hurts for those that have to pretend they are happy and excited.  I don't know how boys deal with heartbreak...actually no clue.  All I know how to do is offer cookie dough, dance parties, and 'fault lists.'  But I thought it was tragically beautiful knowing that a lot of girls play that game.  We all pretend that we're ok, when we're not.  We laugh our sparkling laughs when we really want to do is cry.  We dress up even though we know that we really have no where to go.  And everyone assumes we're fine.

I think it's a show that we've all committed to star in, but I was reminded again of how strong girls are.  How brave we are to show up to parties and smile as if we're having a blast and chit-chat as if we care about small talk.

xo. Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment