Friday, March 4, 2016

Bowl of Ice Cream

Wow, I didn't realize it has almost been a month since I wrote on here.  Sorry about that.

If you go back in the archives about a year ago...February 25th, to be exact, I had a big long post about how I was feeling lonely.  I was feeling sad.  And I was wondering about my purpose in life.  And it was hard, man.  Dang, winter semester of 2015 was all sorts of weird.  There were a lot of really really really good moments.  I made some of my closest friends, Anne had a great semester, I learned a lot...ya know, all that good stuff.  But combined with that, was a whole lot of hard stuff.  And I remember praying, seeking for some guidance.  Looking for anything.  And I got the distinct impression that I just need to hold tight, I would soon feel like my body and soul were connected again.

Well folks, that time has arrived.  I kind of love that I can still look back a year ago and feel like that prayer was finally answered.  I love that I could look back three months ago and feel like that prayer was answered.  I love that God will continually answer that prayer.  And most of all, I'm really really grateful for this feeling right now, this week.

Wednesday night, I came back from campus at midnight.  I was exhausted and elated.  I was excited and nervous.  Then I checked my math test score and I was just happy.  It was one of those moments when you feel like the most blessed person in the entire world.  The whole world guys.  I couldn't really sleep that night and was up until two in the morning (0/10 recommend that experience).

And on the real, I woke up grinning.

That day, I had a presentation to a group of company executives, a luncheon with the said executives in which my resume was sent to them, and a miracle of a math grade.

Could life get any better?  Naaaaayyyy.

I don't know how long I will just be happy.  I don't know how long it will last that I really like my hair and my outfits are semi on point.  I don't know how long I will get excited for absolutely no reason.  I'm not sure how long this perfect positivity will last.

But I don't even care because this moment is so good.  It's soo good.  I feel like I'm eating a bowl of ice cream.  And I'm not even halfway done with the bowl.  That, my friends, is a good feeling.

xo. Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment