Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Things I've Learned Part: I've Lost Count

I just got back from my last class of my sophomore year.  And yes, I was still impatient and a little bored.  And I'm still waiting for my Chobani Pomegranate yogurt as a reward.  But here we go, time for another round of things I've learned.

Things I've learned after completing 4 semester of college aka halfway there:
I've learned that country music isn't horrible.  It doesn't always make me cringe, so that's a perk.  I've learned that sometimes having an open door policy is annoying because hello, significantly fewer dance parties happen, but I also love the fact that people feel like our apartment is a home. If they need a quiet place to study, they choose to come here.  I've learned that case studies are actually a lot of fun.  I've learned that sometimes walking into a room is enough and baby steps are important.  I've learned Buffalo Wild Wings is not my fave, but onion rings always are.  I've learned Diet Coke isn't necessarily evil, and one of these days I will probably buy some (caved and bought some last night).  I've learned more about opportunity cost, and I've learned that a lot of things work a lot better when you view it through cost-benefit analysis.  I've learned stats is my jam and calculus is hard.  I've learned to get by on a lot less sleep (not advocating for, but it's a thing in my life).  I've finally stayed up until 2 am working on homework.  I've spent twelve hours studying for a test.  I've learned how much fun it is to have Camille visit.  Seeing her is my fave.  I've learned the idea of baseball games is a lot of fun, but man, that ninth inning is long.  I've learned that homework can be done during movies.  I've learned you can read a book in a three days, holla.  I've learned to synthesize my writing just a little better.  I've learned you can literally fall in a lake and still survive, blushing only slightly.  I've learned to leave voicemails like a champ.  I've learned how to fill out two Visa applications.  I've learned that Mooyah's actually has delicious burgers.  Graham canyon ice cream has been a fave this semester.  I've learned hard things come to an end.  I've learned that faith is like the tide, and sometimes it's awesome and sometimes it's hard.  I've learned that sometimes you have to be the first person to invite someone over.  I've learned to survive having to get up for 8 a.m. classes every. single. freaking. day. of. the. week.  I've learned it's really fun to go on first dates that you're excited about.  I've learned again that I love how BYU synthesizes the Gospel and class.  I've learned to go to the lab.  I've learned to schedule time for what you need.  I've learned what it's like to get an absolutely horrible grade and still wake up the next morning, still breathing.  I've learned people are there for you, and you can be there for people--even if they don't return the favor.

Gosh, I lead a good life.


1 comment:

  1. Love every word. So happy to you see growing and learning and loving!

    ReplyDelete