Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Favorite Picture

I have been trying to write something poetic and significant, but what I really want to say is this is my favorite picture of me right now: 
I had just finished my interview for the strategy program.  I stayed in our first night in Prague and balanced my iPad to make it work.  

I love this picture because I look happy.  I look powerful.  I look like I'm going somewhere, and I'm confident.  I was feeling sick and dehydrated all day.  I was tired and sunburned (really bad sunburn).  I was so nervous I could barely see straight.  

But look at me.  I don't look defeated.  And I know it's dumb to be reading all of that in one selfie, but looking back at my life, I'm proud of this girl that I've become.  I'm proud of what I've accomplished, and I am very proud of what I've worked hard to achieve.  And this picture is my favorite because looking at it reminds me to start acting like the girl God put a lot of faith in.  

xo. Elise 

No comments:

Post a Comment