Monday, October 10, 2016

It's a good life.

I was sitting in my room, studying for a midterm in one of my major classes.  I was sitting on my bed.  The bed I've had for three years now.  I remember picking out that pink blanket and having my mom send me a picture of that decorative pillow.  College was as exciting and as difficult as finding the matching pillows for my dorm bed.

I've lived in my own apartment for a year and a half now.  I have successfully applied for and got accepted into my number one major choice.  I have had three different jobs.  I am wearing a sweatshirt from halfway across the world--a place I actually visited.  

And I can't help but take a step back from my actual life.  And I seriously look around in wonder.  I wonder when I became old enough to be living this life.  I wonder when I became old enough to have my friends get married.  I wonder when I became old enough that most of my friends are already back from missions.  I wonder when I became old enough to count the number of classes I still need to take on two hands.  I am trying to figure out when I transitioned from picking out a bedspread to actually living this life.

Time is a funny thing.  And I'm still confused at quickly it seems to fly by.

And the past few days have been hard and exhausting, in more ways than just my half marathon.  But today, I had the distinct impression that this is a good life.  A sacred life.  And I'm grateful for that reminder and that small bit of hope.

It's a good life.

xo. Elise



No comments:

Post a Comment