Friday, March 24, 2017

Wait, still waiting?

If you have read my posts enough or have a good memory for my sophomore year of high school, you may recollect the idea of waiting for March.  Waiting for March is a lesson I continually learn because it's a reminder to me that the month of March is a good one and it's where things work out.  I'm not saying everything works out or life is perfect (because March was also the home of the dreaded Econ final).  But March is just a sweet spot in my year, and it has been for a while now.

But here we are, March 24th, and I'm looking around thinking, wait what?  It's supposed to be my month.  This is my month.  Why isn't it feeling like my month?

And then I rolled my eyes and realized that the is partly the whole part of waiting for March.  It's the waiting.  And maybe this year it's waiting for April, or June, or heaven forbid, next March, before things feel a little more settled in my heart.  And as much as I hate to say it, waiting may be my reality for a while.

And I remember my junior year of high school, when I was feeling something similar.  I had lost State, didn't qualify for nationals, Sister Stone had died, I was injured and couldn't run, and my essays kept being sent back with lower and lower scores.  I was so eternally frustrated and confused and hurt.

^^^^^^^^ yep.

And it was just a season of life that was hard but that I learned from.  So here I am, being hopeful and patiently waiting.

xo. Elise




No comments:

Post a Comment