Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Manna

I keep looking around, expecting a parting of the Red Sea.  Something large and obvious and beautiful.  Something that can only be described as a win--pure, unadulterated win with no strings attached.

Yet, instead I find myself finding manna.  And not even an abundance of manna, but some days I literally feel like I'm scrounging for manna.  It seems to be barely enough to sustain me day to day, and it seems like there are many days that I go to bed, still wanting more.

And sometimes I want to yell, but where is my Red Sea?  Where is the blessing that engulfs me and makes the last few months of scrounging worth it?

Yet, nothing seems to be coming.  And I'm learning, not necessarily to stop wishing for the Red Sea or to stop wishing that I could have some more manna, but I'm learning to be purposeful in my gratitude.  I'm learning to take a moment to expand my lungs and recognize the scant amount of manna that is available.

And today that manna consisted of a Diet Coke, a slide deck that is coming together, and a guy with blue eyes.

My daily ration is enough to make to until tomorrow, with my hope still intact for that Red Sea.

xo. Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment