Thursday, April 27, 2017

Perfect Recipe

When I first moved into this apartment, I was convinced that I had made the biggest mistake.  I thought the location was bad.  I was worried about hating living with Alesha.  I was worried about my job.  The apartment was filthy and I was fairly certain I was going to hate my ward.

And now, two years later and I cried saying goodbye to Alesha.

I think it's fitting that I am the last one to leave, I mean after all, I was the first one to move in.

I hope the girls that live here next laugh a lot.  I hope one of them continually does somersaults of the bed, making a sound like an old grandpa, when trying to turn the light out.  I hope that the blinds are continually open, and that the girls say on a daily basis, I'm sure no one can see in, right?  I hope that for at least one semester, everyone in the apartment has 8 a.m. classes or work, but they get up at 7:30 to get ready because they are that low-maintenance.  I hope that the girls throw parties and go to extreme lengths to maintain a theme that no one seems to ever fully appreciate.  I hope that the girls look at their BWN (back-window neighbors), see Taco Bell, and have to get it themselves.  I hope that one of them has a blue car called Tiffany that is the designated driver (but not in the drunk way :).  I hope the girls that live here hang lots of pictures that they have memorized by the end of the year.  I hope they have controversial home decor, like the book Sex and World Peace and the 'Don't Text Him' cross-stitch.  I hope they have two Kitchenaids, because why not, you know?  I hope they have people over every night in the summer time, watching movies and making cookies in 13 minutes.  I hope they have 'bum-shaking' time in the kitchen-dancing to Timber like nobody's business.  I hope they have assigned seats everywhere-in the car and the kitchen.  I hope they spend hours studying for tests at the kitchen table.  I hope they have 5 pinatas in the basement from their Cinco De Mayo party.  I hope they have a closet that is so full of leftover party supplies that whenever anyone has a question, they just say ask the closet.  I hope they have a quote fridge full of funnies, as well as a picture of Two-Part Hotchkiss.  I hope they Saturday morning breakfasts that consist of leftover mocktails and sometimes chocolate cake.  I hope they talk into the late hours of the night, wondering if their laughter is walking up their other roommates.  I hope they play hot sauce baseball (don't ask) and keep hot sauce in classy bowls for the next two years.  I hope they 'burn the triangles' (again...don't ask).  I hope they get the nickname the 'Holy Trinity' because they are that versatile of a force.

The only reason why I hope all of these things is because I think it's the perfect recipe for the perfect two years.

As Alesha said, it's the perfect place to be a heathen for two years.

xo. Elise


No comments:

Post a Comment