Monday, May 29, 2017

Meant to Be

I dislike labels and limiting myself, but I have to admit that I am quite an introvert.  I am totally fine with cruising around Valley Forge by myself and finding the ice cream shop everyone recommended (which wasn't actually that good).  

After church and after the activity today, I had to sit in my car for a half an hour afterwards to give myself some time to breathe. Just some time to recover from telling my story over and over again, by myself.  

As I was leaving, I said goodbye and thank you to the bishop's wife.  I had had a nice chat with her and wanted to let her know I was leaving.  

She exclaimed it was so nice to meet me, and "I was meant to be here," she could just feel it.  

And I left the party (to sit in the Target parking lot and then buying shoes to help my poor bleeding foot), wondering what she meant by that.  There are so many hard aspects to this stage, and I am confused when people say it was meant to be.  What does that mean?  What does it mean something is meant to be?  Does that mean goods things are coming?  If so, when?  And how does it work?  Is it, oh I will feel comfortable with stuff?   Will the purpose behind this internship make sense to me in the present or is it a long-term investment?  

Or maybe it was just something she said to me in passing, as I left to go buy bandaids with the new shoes.  

In any case, I felt a small tendril of hope as I drove around the green hills of Valley Forge, essentially refusing to go to any of the historic stops, but just enjoying the drive.  And the used bookstore where they threw in Little Men for free with my $1 of Little Women because they couldn't bear to see them separated.  

xo. Elise 

No comments:

Post a Comment