Thursday, June 1, 2017

Counting

Sometimes I feel like all I'm doing is counting.  

Counting down the days of my internship left. 

Counting down the days until I go home.

Counting down the number of Excel lessons I have left. 

Counting down the number of semesters in college. 

Counting down the number of miles I have left to run. 

Counting down the number of hours until I go home from work.  

At one point in my life, I think I would have lectured myself for having a count down at all.  I remember writing a dramatic essay in the sixth grade about 'not counting the days, but making the days count.' 

But the countdowns in my life are somehow making it easier.  And I like that.  I'm just breaking everything down to a much more manageable chunk.  And I can do that. 

xo. Elise 

No comments:

Post a Comment