Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Every day.

There would be many times I would be packing my laptop in my backpack, changing back into jeans, and throwing on a jacket, getting ready to leave the house.  I would look at my roommate and say one thing every day that scares me.  She would always reply that she was proud of me and we would kind of nod in solidarity for that one thing every day.

Do one thing every day that scares you.  -Eleanor Roosevelt

I don't know if I am braver than the average person or if I have a lot more fears than the average person, but I seem to reach this quota a lot more than I want to.

But I'm still scared a lot.  Yet I somehow keep making it through all of the scary things.  And I'm going to be honest, I'm really proud of that.

In the past week I've....
- Started studying for the LSAT
- Went strawberry picking (by myself)
- Went to a new ward by myself
- Sent an inquiry about publishing in a magazine
- Talked with a recruiter for a full-time position
- Bought a ticket to go to NYC
- Reached out to someone for a favor

These all seem like small things that don't require courage, but looking at the list I'm really proud of myself.  I'm feeling a little more trepidation these days, in a lot of areas of life.  But I'm really doing it.  I'm creating a life and working towards a better life, wherever that leads me.  And that's something worth doing every day.

xo. Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment