Monday, June 12, 2017

Planning for Faith

I am a big advocate for the future.  For planning, for dreaming, for taking steps that require courage and thoughtfulness.

And here I am, stuck.  I am trying to read into what the next year of my life is going to be like, and I keep coming up with nothing.

And that makes me panic and feel anxious.  I talked with a recruiter today, studied for the LSAT, and tried to evaluate where I want to be next June.  I think people who aren't planners would tilt their head in confusion and say, wait that's an entire year away.  But I can't help feel that a lot is going to change in this next year.  Graduating from college is not a small thing, and I don't want my trajectory to be going in a direction that isn't right.

I'm working on not being as anxious about things in my life, partly because my premature gray hair is making me anxious (lols).  But really, I have to remind myself that faith isn't just coming out to the middle of nowhere for an internship for 10 weeks (but no worries only 8 weeks left).  Faith is also trusting that this next year is going to be full of good things and good changes.

And those whole concept of a life plan is going to go well.

Planning my entire life is something that is so appealing and enticing and safe.  And looking back, I'm grateful that my beautiful plans for the rest of my life haven't turned out because, as my mom always say, God is the best storyteller.

xo. Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment