Thursday, August 10, 2017

Started with Barbies Now We're Here

There's something quite special about navigating the world with the girl you created a Barbie town with.  I never could have predicted this present for the girls who made sure to have a movie theater for their Barbies, crafted out of a Finding Nemo advertisement in a magazine.  The girls in AZ would have never put our trajectory on the map leading to PEI.

And this trip has not exactly gone how we planned (hi unexpected road trip and ferry!!!).  We've had gooooood conversations that have left me trembling a little because I hate being that vulnerable.  But throughout it all, Anne still makes me laugh and still takes care of me, even though she doesn't need to.  We've eaten ice cream every night, from a place that has been ranked in the top ten in the world.  And this little island is much bigger than expected.

This trip was planned during one of the more difficult weeks of this year.  And it was planned on a whim of ok, I've always kind of wanted to go there so I'm going to go there and look up airline tickets during class (whoops) and just kind of go for it, and hey that looks like a cheap Airbnb, and wow the PEI tourism website is actually pretty good.

Anne, do you want to go?

And I'm really grateful that Anne said yes and that we've had this trip.  Because very few people would have been ok with going on an Anne of Green Gables trip tbh.

But mostly because she is my absolute favorite Anne with an 'e'.

xo.  Elise


No comments:

Post a Comment