Wednesday, August 1, 2018

In a Time

This week has had some truly dumpster fire moments, including but not limited to, my complexion (all week), drinking an astounding amount of Diet Coke (and eating cake you know how it is), and also being actually quite hurt by a friend (who actually turned out to be a jerk and isn't actually a friend). 

Things could be worse OBVIOUSLY, but man, I keep telling Heavenly Father, I don't think I can actually do this. 

However, I was reading some article or caption or something and the author just said, I'm so glad to be living in a time that...

Honestly, you could fill in the blank with anything in that sentence and I would feel that. 

I'm so glad I live in a time with such good books.  I'm so glad I live in a time with Amazon Prime (there, I said it).  I'm so glad I live in a time where I can talk to my family.  I'm also so glad I live in a time where I can find jeans that fit and that are hecka comfortable.  I'm so glad I live in a time where I can where a hood in the privacy of my own room and have delectable flashbacks to A.P. English essay-writing.  I'm so glad I live in a time with an interesting job, truly difficult and absorbing every day.  I'm so glad I live in a time where the Stadium Farmer's Market opens tomorrow and a three-year tradition can commence!!!  I'm so glad that I live in times like this. 

I still feel like crying about a lot of things and I still feel like eating more cake (please?).  There really is something beautiful about this time though, so I'm grateful for it (regardless of the acne, unhealthy DC habit, and hurtful people). 

xo. Elise


No comments:

Post a Comment