Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Summer Highlights

Listening to 'This Love' on the way to pick strawberries.  Trying Jo-Jo ice cream for the first time.  Finishing my 7th half marathon.  Singing with Anne to 'Three Days' on the way back from Washington D.C.  Eating seafood and ice cream on a rainy day on PEI.  Waiting in line from Broadway tickets.  The Met roof.  Seeing Sara Berman's art exhibit.  Trying Shake Shack and calling my mom to tell her that I'm happy.  Walking around West chester University campus and talking to Alesha.  Seeing fireflies for the first time.  Driving around the bend and seeing the Washington D.C. temple in the distance.  Chainsmokers concert and how good they were live.  Flying home from PA, grinning like a fool on the plane.  Taco Tuesday with my parents before I flew out to my internship.  Driving home after a ten hour work day during golden hour.  Picking Laura up from the airport.  Calling my dad about recruiting and him calming me down about it every time.  Alesha's wedding and picking up Swig.  Bachelorette party in Park City with the perfect pizza.  Lunch with Elizabeth when she cried with how happy I was in my major.  And lunch with Hannah when we just had good conversations.  Fist-pumping on the plane when Anne and I found out we had another Cougar in the fam (Rise and Shout).  Road-tripping from Halifax to a Ferry--with ice cream!!!  Actually going to Llama Tooth, a scheme created in the midst of a busy and crazy semester.  Talking Camille late at night about being in this stage of life.  Seeing Dear Evan Hansen and then subsequently singing it non-stop.  Diet Coke every day at 3:00.  Taylor Swift coming out on Spotify.  Creating a really good summer playlist.  Buying Diet Coke right after my haircut and feeling good.  Looking back and laughing when listening to 'Impossible' and thinking how it was basically telling me to cut my hair.

^this doesn't encompass all of the good things from this summer, just highlighting those really happy moments that I want to remember.

*the case of really good, 11:00 hair.  Of course.  

No comments:

Post a Comment