Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Map of My Heart

When I was 16, my mom gave me a picture of heart-shaped maps of all of the places important to me.  It has New York, Indianapolis, Park City, Arizona, etc.  I remember looking at those places that held my heart and how it captured who I was at that time.  I seldom think about Indianapolis anymore, the trip when I was 16 seems so long ago. 

All this to say, it's strange to think about the places that have my heart now.  West Chester, Provo, Huntsville, Spain, Switzerland, India, Scottsdale.  I couldn't have guessed these places would have an impact on me, yet here we are. 

I was walking back from the grocery store, with a Diet Coke and (what I think are?) dryer sheets.  I know my way back from the grocery store, no problem.  But it's still strange to think that this is home.  I sometimes feel bad that it's sometimes hard here.  I mean, I am living in a fairytale town with only 12 credits.  I'm still homesick a lot of the time, but I am working on practicing grace (often!!) 

This isn't the most eloquent or positive thing I've written, but I guess I mostly am writing to say, hey, I'm living in Spain!  And that is still such a strange fact to me! 

Mi Espanol es mejorando todos los dias. 

xo. Elise


No comments:

Post a Comment