Friday, November 17, 2017

Apple Pie

I just finished eating a slice of apple pie made by my roommate.  I bought pants I'm actually excited about wearing today.  I'm going to Park City tomorrow.  I don't have anything planned for the rest of the afternoon.  I am having a really good hair day.  And Thanksgiving break starts next week.  

I haven't felt this happy in a really long time, nor have I felt this much like me in a long time.  I was thinking about this past summer, and the part of me who accepted a job in Utah was berating myself for not taking advantage or enjoying living on the east coast this summer.  And then I remembered to practice grace and remember that I wasn't in as good of a spot as I am now.  It was a happy feeling to recognize that--that I am in a better place and am happy.  It's a quiet happiness that makes me walk across campus and be so grateful for these mountains and the sky and that smell yesterday morning, I don't know what it was, but it was beautiful.  

xo. Elise 

No comments:

Post a Comment