Sunday, December 31, 2017

2017 Wrap-Up

My theme this year was hopeful.  I wanted more of an action word this year...something that was a direct sign to God of ok, I'm hopeful.  Full of hope.  2017 was a rough one?  A transition year?  Not to be corny, but I felt myself changing from a girl to the woman I hope to someday be.  And that is a pretty special, albeit a little terrifying, feeling.  Before this year slipped away, I wanted to record some of the highs and the lows because this year was full of them. 

January: Sick for a week, first visit to the ER with an allergic reaction, roommate Christmas, 3rd place in the HP case competition, Golden Birthday party
February: a spontaneous trip to Goblin Valley, Jazz games, study abroad reunions, a lot of dates, the passing of my sweet Grandma and her funeral. 
March: a lot of group projects, throwing Alesha's bridal shower, working through my first spring break, honestly kind of a crappy month
April: finished up the semester, moved out of Chatham 39, a really bad blind date haha, was a really good friend
May: Chainsmokers concert, Alesha's wedding, another month at Lucid, moving out to Pennsylvania, my seventh half marathon
June: starting my internship, my first trip to New York City (turning point for me), strawberry picking, Laura visited, studied for the LSAT, cut my hair
July: Anne came to Pennsylvania, saw Seth in Philadelphia, visited Camille in Virginia, went to Washington D.C. with Anne, my parents came to visit me, second New York City trip
August: finished my internship, moved back to Utah, Prince Edward Island (dream come true), moved back to Provo, Mom started at BYU!
September: took the LSAT, a day where all three of my meals were recruitment dinners, Bain interview, on-campus internship and capstone project, buying Diet Coke on campus
October: 8th & 9th half marathons, McKinsey interview, Cicero interview, Lucid job acceptance, Gatsby Party, Creamery tour
November: Park City girl's trip, a really good Thanksgiving break, Hallmark movies, Costco runs, breakfast parties, a lot of Cafe Rio
December: finished undergrad work for my major!, Palm Springs Christmas, moved back home, seeing my dad on his birthday, 22nd birthday

The first half of this year was a struggle for me.  I was in a hurt and fragile place.  I felt like everyone had let me down, and I was trying to figure it out on my own.  I remember leaving for PA wondering if I could feel like myself again. 

I woke up this morning feeling at peace, in a really good place.  And so yep, you can come back from a really painful season of life to a really good one.  And for that, I am abounding in gratitude.   

xo. Elise

P.S. I know this picture really just shows my dirty room and dirty mirror, but it was taken on a hard day in a good moment --> that sums up 2017. 

No comments:

Post a Comment