Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Choose

This year, my word is choose.  The past couple of years have felt desperate and too much fighting.  I've decided to put away the boxing gloves and stop fighting Heavenly Father.  I have been begging in too many prayers, and I'm tired of always having a relationship with my Father where I doubt and He comes through.  Or I cry a lot and I still survive it.  Or when I doubt, but things still turn out. 

I've been thinking this year about the choices we make.  2017 was a hard one for me, and especially this summer I was reflecting on what happened.  I was fragile and hurt, for a lot of reasons.  I felt like I finally crawled out of a pit, and was disoriented on how I got there, or even how I got out there (actually not true, I have a firm belief that the Atonement and God's mercy got me out).  But still, I hadn't felt like that in a few years, and I was reflecting on it. 

I had this thought come up a couple of times throughout the year, about choosing to be happy.  From a couple of different sources, I heard about the importance of your attitude.  I feel like there are still a lot of pieces to this that I am unpacking.  I've learned a lot about happiness this year, and so I wanted to make the conscious choice this year to be happy.  I saw a shirt once that said, 'About Me: 100% Happy.'  And I think that's a really positive thought. 

So yep, I'm choosing. 

xo. Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment