Wednesday, December 20, 2017

A Thousand Thanks

As this year (truly a difficult one) comes to a close, and as my college experience ends (truly a miraculous one), I have one feeling that I come back to, again and again--grateful.  Grateful for this year that has taught me so much and has changed me in so many ways.  Grateful for the people in my life who have welcomed me into their lives. Grateful for a family that sticks with me, even when I am fragile and angry.  Grateful for future opportunities that are on my way.  Grateful for a God who is still with me, even though I have fought with him way too much.  Grateful for this season to end, even though the beginning has been so good. 

And overall?  I am just grateful.  It is a good feeling to be grateful in so many ways.  I feel like I am getting into a sun-warmed car after a freezing office.  It just feels so good.  There is a lightness and a warmness in my life that...I am just grateful for. 

I feel like an era is truly ending, but still, a thousand thanks. 

xo. Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment