Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Living the Dream

My brain has been on overload for the past couple days and I feel like I just have so much to say, so let's just start at the beginning. 

First, reptuation by Taylor Swift is honestly just good.  It has been streaming almost nonstop for me the past couple of weeks. Delicate is my favorite, but the whole album is good.  Second, my feet are killing me. The flats are cute, but I am already dreading walking to the Marriott Center for my last devotional.  Third, it's my last devotional, and I am honestly not even remotely ok with that.  Fourth, I presented my capstone today and CAN WE TALK ABOUT HOW I PRESENTED MY CAPSTONE TODAY.  Not really ok with that either?  And then I am at the point where I don't really have homework, but I have a lot of studying I need to do, but don't really want to do.  And my hair is weird today?  And I keep walking around campus, looking like an owl with my head turning every where.  I just keep taking in this campus.  I feel like I have been here for ever...that my whole existence has been wrapped up in BYU.  It's strange to think of moving and leaving and it only sometimes feels like I am being kicked out of this stage I'm not quite ready to leave.  I couldn't help but grin during my capstone presentation because 1. the slide were excellent 2. I liked my outfit 3. this is my dream.  I wanted to be in the strategy program for so long, and I wanted to be presenting on something I had worked so hard on and I wanted to be there.  And guys, I was there.  And it makes me want to cry now when I think about how much work I put into it.  And I couldn't be more proud of that.  Something I really wanted and really achieved, and I recognize that this whole paragraph is a roller coaster. But I am simultaneously so proud and so tired and so sad and so excited and so welcome to my life? 

In any case, thanks for listening. 

xo. Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment