Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Grateful

Today was a special day, probably in a way that really meant the most to me.  I'm leaving in 36 hours, and yes I'm slightly panicking, but we are ignoring that part.   

I've been reflecting on the first half of 2017 and honestly, the journal entries still make me sad.  I was trying so hard, but I felt really alone.  I felt like everyone had something or someone, and I was...just me.  I was so happy to leave because I felt less lonely in Pennsylvania than I did in Provo.  It was better to be by myself in a place where I didn't know anyone because it meant that no one was choosing not to be with me (that sentence was a roller coaster).  I was hurt by people who I thought would be there, and sometimes it's just lonely in this life. 

And I am always going to be grateful after a really lonely season, God blessed me with a lot of really great people. 

I said goodbye to a lot of them today, and I am just grateful that I have people in my life that actually want to say goodbye. 

 xo. Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment