Monday, April 23, 2018

Whiplash

I walked into the bathroom today--a clean bathroom with an automatic toilet and mirror and soap.  I bought a smoothie without worrying about where the produce was from.  I bought cold water and a Diet Coke (planning on a lot of Diet Coke for the next few hours).

And throughout all of this I almost started crying.  Everything seems bigger here, my senses are heightened.  It's strange that Uganda even exists, seriously, was it real?  It's so easy to just move past and forget everything that is out there in this world.  It's strange to remember it to be honest.

I put on make-up and finally did something with my eyebrows.  I even put on lip gloss, even though it came off with my sandwich (that had vegetables on it!).

I understand that everything I have been writing lately is disjointed and random.  Part of that is because, let's face it, I am kind of in shock this is my life and the whirlwind is a little overwhelming.

I will also claim jet lag, even though I got a surprising amount of sleep on the plane (praises!).  But mostly because I am actually really bored because everyone I could talk to is asleep right now.  And it's a little weird to be going from Uganda to Amsterdam.  From not really seeing myself for two weeks to applying mascara.

It's ok, I understand this is word vomit on a very real level.

xo. Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment