Friday, June 15, 2018

Toilet Paper Curtains

For the longest time, it's been me and Anne.  Anne and me.  It is such a singular relationship when you just have one sibling, and that has been one of the best things of my life.  I don't know what it's like to have an older brother who teases me and has cute friends.  I'm not sure what it is like to have a little sister who I teach to drive.  But I know what it's like to have Anne, and oh what a gift that is.  Of all of the many blessings in my life, Anne is one of the best. 

Anne is getting married next week, an event we have inadvertently been planning since we used toilet paper to make curtains in our pink Barbie house.  I am tearing up when I think about her in her white dress and her big smile. 

I keep trying to form words, but it's not going so great.  All I'm trying to say, is seeing someone love Anne the way I love Anne? 

That is a gift. 

Anne is one of the most incredible people you will meet.  She is endlessly patient and is a hard-worker.  She cares about others, especially her family.  She is fearless and brave, and will do anything to protect those she loves.  She is thoughtful and is so on top of the small things to make people feel great about themselves.  She is funny and has a beautiful laugh.  She works to improve herself and is constantly striving to live the Gospel.  She is the best listener and is devoted. 

I don't know much about falling in love, but what a gift it is to watch Jared fall in love with Anne.  And it is beautiful to see Anne fall in love with Jared.  This is getting cheesy and weird, and I'm not sure how to say anything, but Anne?  I just love you with my whole heart.  And Jared?  Thank you for loving Anne for all that she is because she is a powerful woman. 

I am so excited to celebrate you two this week!

xo. Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment